Tuesday 24 January 2012

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?








The technololgies I mainly used to create my opening were Photoshop, the interent, Final Cut, a digital camera and Garageband.

The Internet was a very useful tool when it came to research and planning the opening as it was a good source of information when researching Hammer, the original film and looking for inspiration for film credits. Wikipedia was a good place to start research as it has links to where the information is sourced from. Youtube was good for looking for clips and embedding on to the blog which again was good use of the internet. Blogger was a lot of use for other groups who had previously done this project as it was a place that group members could all access, yet I was working on my own.

Photoshop was useful when it came to creating my own visual resources. I used it to present my understanding of the original film in the minimalist poster, but it was mainly used to create my credits. I used the Algerian Mesa font was downloaded from Dafont.com. I create a separate layer for each credit and put drop shadow on them. I then saved them as a png24 as this was a good file type to be compatible with Final Cut.

GarageBand was used to create the soundtrack I did by using the samples and loops. It was very easy to put it together, but when comparing it with past student work on film openings it was clear that a lot of other people used similar samples. I tried to use effects on each sample but it was difficult to use anything that had a real impact.

Final Cut was the main piece software that I used to put everything together - the footage, the music and the credits. It's main used was to place all the shots in the correct order, but was also useful for altering the quality of the footage by applying filters and effects.

I have learned that to get the most from most software it is good to combine it with others to get the most from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment